Welcome to 2018! I am super excited to get things underway this year. I see a big push in tourism and spending that could result in as much as a 20% increase in sales. However, before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s all write down at least 10 goals in which we can revisit later on this year and let’s get serious about sticking to them.
Here are 10 goals you may choose to adapt as your own. Please comment below with your own set of goals.
- Ask every customer for a review and aim for 50%. Offer an incentive such as a t-shirt (walking billboards)
- Push taxidermy on every charter (Bonus chapter coming soon!)
- Gather an email address from every customer and lead.
- Do 1 video testimonial per week.
- Write 1 quality fishing report or article (500 words) per week. Remember – You are the authority!
- Answer all phone calls and emails within 2 to 5 minutes. If you can’t do this, then find a way.
- Refresh fishing guide website if it is more than 5 years old and not responsive.
- Run a re-marketing campaign that shows ads to previous visitors reminding them of your service.
- Send out a weekly newsletter to prior customers to keep them engaged.
- Treat yourself to a vacation! I recommend Costa Rica 🙂
There’s your 10. Running a fishing guide business has become more and more time intensive so use that time wisely. If you are fishing and running the day to day operations, you really have your hands full. It is without a doubt that the most successful charter fishing operations are those that have the owner at the dock with employees such as captains and mates running the charters. You need to have a PEOPLE! You simply can’t make the big bucks doing it all by yourself. You need to trust that you will make more money not fishing, then if you are to try to do it all.
My team at SFC Design Group is working on some pretty awesome websites. We just launched Strikezone Fishing for our long time client which is still in progress but features a newly responsive website. This is the perfect “no fluff” booking machine.
If you would like us to look at your marketing such as a website revamp, PPC management, Email Marketing, etc. Please give us a call. In the meantime, re-read the Charter Fishing Business Kit and let’s break our sales records from 2017.
Tight Lines and Profits,